The Network works towards raising community awareness of people with disabilities and improvement of services.
Meetings are held every 6 weeks at different locations throughout the Macarthur region.
The Network encourages community feedback from people with disabilities and their carers/advocates to improve coordination between services.
- Macarthur Disability Expo held biannually
- Disability awareness events in the community
- Regular information exchange between providers using ListServ
- Establishment of Network Action Group (NAG)
- Establishment of MDN Steering Committee
- Increased networking between NDIS providers
For further information please contact the MDN Steering committee by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Community Development Coordinator at MDS on (02) 4621 8400
- Macarthur Disability Network has a strong marketing and promotions strategy backed by this year’s sponsors to attract current and potential customers to the Expo
- Local media advertising in the Macarthur, Liverpool and Southern Highlands regions
- Macarthur Disability Expo website and Facebook page
- Glossy colour brochure to be distributed through all disability services in Macarthur and beyond and displayed at venues frequented by people with disability and their families
- Colour poster to produced and displayed by all services and most public venues across Macarthur and nearby regions
- Attractive lucky door prizes to attract public attendance
- Advertising in most Macarthur Disability Network’s member websites
- Access to hundreds of people with disability and families at the Expo
- Professional upmarket venue and floor plan, including 2 technicians to ensure quality sound and ongoing video displays
- Networking opportunity with senior NDIA, and other services and providers of special equipment
- To be seen as an active service and/or provider for people with disability in the Macarthur
- The opportunity to show case your services and/or products