Walk and celebrate inclusiveness in our community!
Where: The Australian Botanic Gardens, Mount Annan
When: Sunday 10th March (8am)
Cost: $11.40 per person
Now in its 27th year, the Challenge Walk is an annual event organised by the Campbelltown City Council that promotes walking as a safe, inexpensive and convenient exercise option for a wide range of people.
Each year MDS enters a team of walkers in the event consisting of our participants and staff, their families and members of our greater network. The idea behind joining the MDS Team is to show support for MDS & people with a disability by walking as an inclusive team. Every registered member in the MDS team also receives a free MDS t-shirt to wear and keep.
At the 2018 event (held on Sunday March 11th) we had 62 walkers in our combined team with Fit HQ. We had a number of high achievers with 13 of our team members placing in the top 3 in their age categories. Overall MDS/ Fit HQ won the fastest corporate team.
The 2019 Challenge Walk is on Sunday 10th March. Entries are now open. To enter visit:
- Select Enter Online in the pink box at the bottom of the webpage
- Complete the entry form with your personal details
- At the ‘Select your Event’ question, use the drop down menu to select either the 6km or the 11km. MDS has walkers in both categories however majority of us complete the 6km event.
- Select JOIN A TEAM
- Use the drop down menu to select MDS
- Use the drop down menu to select your team type as Open
- Process the $11.40 entry fee online with your debit or credit card.
For more information, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page
We look forward to walking together with you!